Various papers relating to the Nore, 1907-1908.
|Gallery location||Not on display|
|Description||Various papers relating to the Nore:
(1) Lists of reserve guns and ammunition to be maintained at Chatham for various fleets and warships, including a statement of cartridges and shells stored at Upnor-Lodge Hill, dated 10 September 1907 to 14 September 1908.
(2) Noel's recommendations on the Royal Fleet Reserve, submitted to the Admiralty on 26 June 1907.
(3) Copy of a letter from Noel to the Commander-in-Chief at Plymouth, regarding the amount of leave granted to men in home ports, dated 9 July 1908.
(4) Copy of a letter from Noel to the Chairman of Sheerness Urban District Council, discussing the future of Sheerness Dockyard, dated 23 July 1908.
(5) Copy of a letter to the Admiralty with remarks on naval works, following Noel’s visit to Dover, dated 6 August 1908.
(6) Correspondence concerning the painting of warships, 24 to 28 August 1908, also a report by Noel on suitable colours for war purposes, dated 19 March 1902.
(7) Lists of positions of German High Seas Fleet warships, 5 October and 23 November 1908.
(8) Copy of a submission to the Admiralty regarding the arrest and punishment of deserters, dated 22 October 1908.
(9) List of ratings and boys entered and required at home ports, sent by the Admiralty to all recruiting officers, dated 2 November 1908. Also Noel’s remarks on an order stopping all entries of boys, youths and stokers, sent to the Admiralty on 23 November 1908.
(10) List of recently abolished Coastguard Stations, sent to Noel by the District Office at Harwich, 23 November 1908.
(11) Printed list of revised pendant boards for warships, dated 29 November 1908.
(12) Admiralty directions for handing over the Nore Station command to Admiral Sir Charles C. Drury, dated 30 November 1908. Also remarks by Noel in passing over to Drury, dated 2 December 1908.