||Trinity House is the official General Lighthouse Authority for England, Wales, the Channel Islands and Gibraltar, responsible for the provision and maintenance of navigational aids, such as lighthouses, lightvessels, buoys, and maritime radio/satellite communication systems.
||Two journals of the tours of inspection of lighthouses and beacons around the coasts of England and France, with some sketches, kept by a brother of Trinity House who was one of the inspecting committee members, 1825 to 1854. The first, smaller volume begins March 1825, with two voyages recorded that year, the first to the Farne Islands, the second to the Channel Islands, and picks up again at 1833, 1836 and 1840, the author visiting Wolf Island and the Lizard Peninsular. The second volume begins May 1828, with a voyage down the west coast of France, to Cordouan Lighthouse then down the Garonne to Bordeaux. The author goes into great detail in his description of the Cordouan Lighthouse. The second part begins June 1838, with a voyage with the committee up the east coast of England, to report on the dangers of Coquet Island and the surrounding area, and then the last entry in the journal is 1939 at Orfordness Lighthouse. There is an insert in the back of the journal dated 1854, concerning Rundlestone, a rock off Lands End.