Left by an old lady ca.1950.; Hand-coloured.
A view of the Greenwich Hospital illustrating its close proximity to the River Thames. This area is today a World Heritage Site, comprising an outstanding combination of architectural and landscape features. Greenwich Hospital was established in 1694 by the Royal Charter for the relief and support of seamen and their dependants and for the improvement of navigation. In 1869 the Hospital was closed, and in 1873 the complex of buildings became the Royal Naval College , where officers from all over the world came to study the naval sciences. In 1998 the Royal Navy left Greenwich and the site is now administered by the Greenwich Foundation. In the autumn of 1999 the University of Greenwich was established here, joined in October 2001 by Trinity College of Music.
National Maritime Museum, Greenwich, London
Sheet: 345 x 530 mm; Plate: 263 x 426 mm
Vue Perspective de L'Hospital de Greenwich prise de la Thamise (PAI8021)