Builder's block model of the 'Alberta' (1863), a royal yacht, built at a scale of 1:48. The ‘Alberta’ was built at Pembroke in 1863 to replace the ‘Fairy’ as tender to the ‘Victoria and Albert’. With the establishment in 1846 of Osborne House, a private retreat for Queen Victoria and Prince Albert at Cowes, Isle of Wight, the royal yacht tenders were mainly used for the twice-daily service from Portsmouth. This particular service occupied the ‘Alberta’ for most of its existence, for following the death of Prince Albert in 1861, Queen Victoria spent more and more time at Osborne. The ‘Alberta’ was broken up in 1913.